[RP TownTalk] Politics gone wrong

Lou King lking at knob.com
Wed Feb 12 17:19:53 UTC 2014

Some people in public life wonder why they have a bad reputation.
non-existent mailboxes, the first response was predictable.

The response pointed out that political emails were exempt (from the
CAN-SPAM Act) -- yes I called it spam -- and there were quotes from 1996
and 2002 case law. The response concluded by respectfully stating "I am
acting within the confinement of the laws as it applies to political
communications."

I agree all that applies to ONE of the SIX emails I received. In my
response I suggested that the public in general, may not fully
appreciate the fine distention in the letter of the law concerning the
other 5.  I sent copies of my response to Olson and the District 6 office.

The second response I received talked about the "some bad emails" and no
way to tell if they are "bogus or not."

Technology in a way is like parenthood; Both have a "gateway drug,"
unrelated to the responsibilities.

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org