[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Re: Ordinance 2014-OR-01

Nina Faye ns_faye at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 12:23:12 UTC 2014

I do not know the specifics of the proposed Riverdale fence ordinance, but I can tell you that we had a Council some years ago in Hyattsville that tried to outlaw residential chain-link fences.  The citizens made it very clear that we thought it was a silly effort to legislate aesthetics and was over-regulation.  We are still trying to rectify some other silly things that Council did, but the anti-chain-link fence ban went nowhere.  I, personally, might prefer the "look" of other fencing, but our current home came with chain-link.  It has been very handy for keeping small children and pets either in or out of the yard.  It also works well as a support for peas, beans, gourds, morning glories, etc.