[RP TownTalk] Mosquitoes in rain barrel

Alan K. Thompson akthompson at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Tue Jul 8 11:29:14 UTC 2014

The link at the end of the letter says that you'd need one dunk per month,
so that does seem possible in the long term.  Other possibilities they
mention are a little bit of (eco-friendly) soap (which will drown the adult
mosquitoes) or vegetable oil (which will suffocate the larvae); both of
these require more frequent renewal.

I would think that having a broken spigot isn't a long-term solution
either, so I hope you can get it fixed!

Best,

Alan

http://www.bluewaterbaltimore.org/programs/clean-waterways/waterauditprogram/rain-barrels/keep-your-rain-barrels-free-of-mosquitoes/