[RP TownTalk] Riversdale Hands-on History Weeks - Still have spots for 5-8 year olds!

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Tue Jul 8 13:56:56 UTC 2014

Hello, hello!

Riversdale's education team is in full preparation mode for Hands-on History Weeks: Accomplishment Bootcamp, which start next week. Participants will be blasting into the past as they learn what it meant to be an accomplished young lady or gentleman in the 1800s. Manners (this goes way beyond no elbows on the dinner table!), art, dancing, music, sporting and games, cooking, and more are all on the agenda and we are looking forward to a great program.

Our always-popular first week for 8-12 year olds has been sold out for weeks, BUT we still have plenty of space for 5-8 year olds in the second week, Monday-Friday, July 21-25! The program runs from 10am-1:30pm each day, so it's a perfect alternative if you're not looking for full-day camp and a great, interactive way to introduce kids to history in their community!
The cost is $78/Prince George's & Montgomery Counties & $96/out-of-county friends. Registration is required by this Friday, July 11. Feel free to call the office at 301.864.0420 for more info or to register.

Interested in learning more about Riversdale and getting updates on upcoming programs (like next Wednesday's FREE Jazz on Lawn concert)? Why not sign up for Riversdale's e-list?<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rx4axyiab&p=oi&m=1108931018481>

Cheers!

Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com> / history.pgparks.com<http://history.pgparks.com/sites_and_museums/Riversdale_House_Museum.htm>
301.864.0420 / fax 301.927.3498
Like us on Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/RiversdaleMuseum> / Sign up for Riversdale's e-list!<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rx4axyiab&p=oi&m=1108931018481>