[RP TownTalk] Just witnessed a pedestrian being hit by car on east west highway

Catarina Correia chatareena at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 22:33:14 UTC 2014

Hello

In light of past conversation on these lists i wanted to report that I just
saw a woman hit by a car while crossing crosswalk on east west between
riggs and new hampshire.  i feel partially responsible as I stopped to let
her walk (was heading East) and woman in second lane also stopped as did
the car in 4th lane heading west - she started crossing and a cab in the
third lane who did not see her was coming very fast and girl also didnt see
him.  dont know what to do.  She was talking and ambulances and police were
on their way. i HATE that intersection. if pedestrians arent getting hit,
then cars are rear-ending each other.  what more can we do?????