[RP TownTalk] Today's flood in RP

Alison Spain alisonspain at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 19:43:18 UTC 2014

Hello Neighbors -

Hope that everyone is ok now that we are all drying out. Hopefully we can
use this forum to help one another and communicate our needs in the coming
days. Please check other neighbors today.

I'm interested in how many neighborhoods and streets were affected by
flooding today?  I can speak for the chunk of RP that is bound by East-west
to the South and Rte 1 to the West. We saw significant floodwaters as Wells
Run quickly crested the culvert in what seems like minutes.

- Is the Town of RP investigating the flood? I'm interested to know if this
event was due to more than the heavy rain this morning.  My neighbor
mentioned not seeing this level of flooding in the 40 years she has been
here.

- Is it possible that water was released elsewhere?

- Does the Cafritz construction site have adequate on - site water
retention and storage capability at this point during grading operations?

Regards,
Alison Spain