[RP TownTalk] Today's flood in RP

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 01:54:31 UTC 2014

Alison -
There was an interesting article on Capital Weather Gang explaining how
such a storm as we experienced on Tuesday happens, and why it's beyond the
capabilities of weather forecasters to see it coming.  Seems to me the gist
is that this was a freak storm, unlikely to be repeated in the same
location, and powerful enough with all that rain in such a short time to
challenge any system that we can afford to build.

Here's the link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/06/11/the-june-10-college-park-flash-flood-how-did-it-happen-and-why-wasnt-it-forecast/