[RP TownTalk] Weekly Highlights for Thursday, March 27: Getting closer to Outdoor market season

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 04:27:17 UTC 2014

Tomorrow, we're offering a forecast of Sunny and windy with a high of 50
degrees. Come on in and get warm and toasty inside the Winter Market @ Town
Center Market, 4705 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD from 3 PM to 7 PM.

There's a very good chance we will be offering the market stand's fruits
and veggies outdoors for at least four weeks due to the harsh Winter
conditions. Exciting new prospects for the market are plentiful this year
so hang in there with us until we can get up to full operational speed.

The Outdoor Season is coming! We open on April 3. Farmers will come on as
their crops are ready.

Excitement abounds this week as Riverdale Park Farmers Market finds a way
to offer our neighbors delicious local Maryland veggies for this week's
market: Courtesy of the Zaradhka Farm in Essex, MD, we'll have spinach,
kale, onions, red potatoes, and red beets.

Sorry, sausage rolls and Number One Sons products are finished for the end
of the Winter Market.

Groff's Content Farm will have their luscious bacon and other pork
products, free range chicken and eggs, grass fed beef, and pastured lamb.

As if this wasn't enough to entice you to the Winter market, Riverdale Park
Farmers Market will also carry a full crate of the very rare Gold Rush
apples from Kuhn Orchard in Biglerville, PA. In case you haven't
encountered them, these apples are special due to their very tangy, sweet
flavor that requires storage to bring out its superior flavor
characteristics.  The market's stand will also carry delicious Cameo, Fuji,
and Stayman apples. Fresh Cider, applesauce, canned peaches, and Ruben's
Hot Sauce will also be on the menu.

Tomorrow's menu for The Verandah @ Winter Market is:
Chicken Tikka Masala w Rice, Methi and Saag Chicken w Rice, Curry Chicken w
Rice, Chicken Salad with Cranberries, Baked Samosas and Stuffed Parathas.

Don't forget we'll also have artisan breads, pastries, and cookies from
Stone Hearth Bakery of  Frederick, MD