[RP TownTalk] Annual Garden Party and Sale - THIS Saturday at Community Forklift!

Meg Kiernan megkiernan at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 19:02:45 UTC 2014

Hi,
 Meg here, from Community Forklift.  As many of you know, we're a
nonprofit reuse center for home improvement, located just 5 minutes from
 Riverdale Park.  I
know that we have a lot of "Forklift Fans" in town - so get
out your frilly hats and jaunty caps, and join us for our quirky spring
tradition!   Thanks,Meg K.Events(at)CommunityForklift.org301-985-5180
 ******** How
 do you celebrate spring? In Annapolis, they burn their winter socks. In
 Arkansas, they race toads. Here in the DC area, we wake up early, put
big hats on our kids or dogs, and head to a funky warehouse on the edge
of town. This
 Saturday, join us for the annual Garden Party & Sale at Community
Forklift (the DC area's thrift store for home improvement &
architectural salvage).  The
 gates open at 9 am, but serious gardeners are already lined up and
ready for bargains on flowerpots, rakes, and tomato cages. By 10 am,
homeowners, hipsters, farmers, and families have joined the quirky local
 tradition. This year's Annual Garden Party is March 29th - come on over to Community Forklift and check it out!
* low-cost and gently-used garden supplies
* live music from local musicians
* organic vegetable seedlings
* gardening workshops and eco-activities for all ages
* a lemonade lunch
*
 a costume contest for adults, kids, & leashed pets!  Receive a
discount for wearing your best Garden Party attire (flowered hats and
frilly dresses, jaunty caps and seersucker suits - or, you can dress up
as your favorite flower or veggie). Proceeds
 from the Garden Sale help us continue to the region's waste stream into
 a resource stream - creating green jobs, making repairs affordable for
local residents and small businesses, and distributing materials to
nonprofits and families in need! For location and a full schedule of the day's activities, visit: http://communityforkliftthriftstore.wordpress.com/2014/03/20/are-you-coming-to-the-garden-party-on-march-29th/