[RP TownTalk] Help save this lost puppy

euniverz at aol.com euniverz at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 13:19:22 UTC 2015

Jason,

Thanks so much for your heroic efforts save this puppy.  I am thrilled that he has multiple adoption applications on him and it looks like he will have a happy life.

It saddens me, though, that he only had til "today" at 5pm.  But it's true, once his stray hold was up (which gives owners time to find pets if they're lost), he could have been euthanized at anytime at our ($3 million) tax funded county shelter. We Prince Georgians deserve better and so do the dogs and cats.

I'm happy to debate off line the whys and wherefores, but I am part of a grassroots, statewide effort to ensure basic minimum standards, guidelines, and expectations in all Maryland tax funded shelters where currently, there are absolutely none.   Simply, we want to make killing dogs and cats in municipal shelters the very last resort instead of one of the first options.

I encourage anyone interested in this effort to contact me or join CAPA 4 Maryland on Facebook.  Our bill in the General Assembly, HB876, has been referred to "summer study" and will return in the 2016 legislative session.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
euniverz at aol.com

Message:
2