[RP TownTalk] Park on Lafayette and Tuckerman

andre jounx at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 13:41:54 UTC 2015

OK, I was just wondering.  I didn't see my message posted to my email the other day so I figured I would just resend it.
The park has a sign that it is under repair and is blocked off.  I completely understand that it should be blocked off if people are leaving it a mess.  I suppose that is a risk with any park that lots of people want to use.  I think banning the use of the park is a little extreme.  Is there a potential solution to the trash/net problem or has Riverdale just opted to block it off indefinitely?  Why don't they just have a police car drive by and check once in a while?  I can only imagine what the field along 51st Ave looks like after a weekend of heavy use.  I believe that PG Parks and Planning manages that field.
I would be interested in seeing what is planned for the CSX bridge, where it would start and end.  Are there any plans circulating that shows how it will look?  I have seen a few drawings that were just speculation but nothing concrete.  I would imaging the bridge would start well passed tuckerman.  If it were up to me I would start it right at the point where you have to make that right turn onto Rivertech Ct from Lafayette Ave.  That would be the lease disruptive.
Thanks again for your replies!