[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Farmers Market Weekly HIghlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 04:30:28 UTC 2015

*Tomorrow : Thursday, December 10, 2015  3 - 7PM*

*@: 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC
station)*

Get your hot peppers, regular & cheddar cauliflower, sweet peppers,
broccoli, white & yellow potatoes, mums, winter squash, onions, apples,
fresh cider, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, many
varieties of mushrooms,  free range hen & duck eggs (limited supply), fresh
small batch roasted coffees and more while we enjoy the beginning of
Winter. Don't miss it!  Evening hours are fun at the market!   Now with
festive lighting! We look forward to seeing you Thursdays from 3 to 7PM at
the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

*WEATHER: High 59, and calm this week. *

*Feature Farmers: **King Mushrooms *will be at the Riverdale Farmers Market
tomorrow with fresh shittake, oyster, lions mane and crimini mushrooms.

Stop by and check us out we will be there rain or shine!

This week at market *ECO City Farms* will have: carrots, spinach, arugula,
spicy mix, spring mix, Swiss chard, dandelion greens, cilantro, parsley,
mustard greens, collards, scallions, pea shoots, and kale.

Old Saint Nick's trees is a family business and has been in the Christmas
Tree business since 1986. We started by obtaining our trees from various
farmers in the local area. We try and visit each farm to ensure that the
trees we obtain are of the best possible quality for our customers.
Beginning around 2004-2005 we started growing our own trees at our farm in
Greencastle Pennsylvania.

Here's what *Groff's Content Farm* is up to this week: Last chance fresh
chickens tomorrow, special price $3.75/lb. The freezers over flow. Ham
hocks in stock too.

*Elk Run Vineyards* will be attending the Riverdale Park Farmers Market on
Thursday December 10th and 17th.
We will offer our entire selection of delicious wines to accompany your
winter meals and holiday gatherings including a crisp, lightly oaked
Chardonnay, Red Door – a light red blend, and Pinot Gris – the first wine
available from our outstanding 2015 vintage. We will also be offering the
following estate wines that recently received awards from International
Wine Competitions: Cabernet Franc 2013, Gold Medal (90 pts), World Wine
Competition Methode Champenoise 2011, Silver (89 pts), World Wine
Competition Cold Friday Merlot 2013, Silver Medal (89 pts), International
Tasters Guild Chardonnay 2013, Liberty Tavern Vineyard, Silver Medal (88
pts) International Tasters Guild Elk Run’s 35 year old Liberty Tavern
Vineyard

*Feature News: *

*Riverdale Park's Annual Festival of Lights & Holiday Market* will be held
on this *Saturday, December 12 from Noon to 8 PM*

Final Schedule:

Music -

12-1p Rodeo Motel

1-2p Rick Franklin

2-3p Christopher Ousley

3-4p Miles Spicer

4-5p Brulee

5-6p SevenerUppers

6-7p Wild Anacostias

7-8p Marianna Previti

Santa visits from 2 to 5

MNCPPC Kid activities - Noon to 6

Neighborhood trolleys to the Riverdale Mansion - 530 to 8 PM

Some produce for sale from 12 - 4

Christmas tree sales 12 - 8

Great fresh prepared foods 12 - 8

Hand made artisan crafts and holiday gifts (20 vendors!) 12 - 8

If interested in vending, send us a request for application and we'll email
you with the details.

We also need *volunteers* to run the trolleys and or sing, help with setups
and breakdown for the event. Send email to: Jim Coleman
<rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com>.

Maryland Market Money is back for SNAP & WIC-FVC @ $4 per week due to the
overwhelming response of customers.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the
farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer
for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested,
please contact us.

Coming Attractions:

*Winter Market* is here! December 10 & 17 (first indoor appearance?) and we
are *CLOSED**  Christmas Eve, December 24 & New Year's Eve, December 31.* We'll
be *OPEN* every Thursday thereafter until March 26.

Riverdale Rooster is now in flux due to complications with the building
property owner.

You won't see at market this week: *Jack Creek Plants and Red Chimney Farm *are
finished for the rest of the year due to early frost. We hope to see them
in the Spring. *Mystic Water Soap *will make their last appearance of the
year @ the Holiday Market on the 12th*. *Geppetto Catering and The
Verandah* are
on hiatus until Spring.*

Groff's Content Farm <https://www.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm> does a
super job of raising pastured meats. Pick out your favorite recipe and try
some this weekend. They also have some delightful raw milk cheeses for your
enjoyment.

*Growers:* Groff's Content Farm - Pastured meats & eggs, ECO City Farm,
Musachio Produce (first time past Thanksgiving!); Cats Paw Organic Farm;
Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden;  King's Mushrooms; Blades Orchard
<http://bladesorchard.com/>'s apple season is upon us.

*Tasty Treats:* El Taco Loco, Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden; Simple Pleasures
Ice Cafe, Stone Hearth Bakery.

*Speciality: Alaskawild Seafood's wild caught salmon, Dimitri Olive Oil,
Zeke's Coffee of DC, **Sweet Tease Bakery**.*

*Entertainers: Sorry, no music this week.*