[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:37:33 UTC 2015

*Today : July 9, 2015  3 - 7PM*

*@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC
station)*

Get your Blueberries, BlackBerry, corn (white), yellow wax beans, new dug
potatoes, squash, cantalopes, and onions.  apples, pastured meats, free
range hen eggs, fresh small batch roasted coffees, Viburnum, Lily of the
Valley, mixed bouquets, some tulips while we enjoy mid Spring. Don't miss
it!  Evening hours are fun at the market!   We look forward to seeing you
Thursdays from 3 to 7pm at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

*WEATHER: High 80's and windy this week.*

*Feature Farmer: We welcome back Boxer's Rest Organic after a short hiatus.*

*Feature News: *

This week, Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe is featuring the following ice cream
flavors this week: Peanut Butter Ripple, Pralines n Cream, Orange
Cremesicle, and Mango Sorbet.

Through the generous contributions from the Riverdale Park Town Council and
the facilitation of the Maryland State Farmers Market Association, the
Maryland Market Money program is up and running again. Our new match amount
for the Outdoor season is up to $7 for each $7 spent at the market.

You won't see at market this week: We expect Peachy Family Dairy back next
week with their delicious goat products.

Feature Article: Don't know what to cook with ingredients in the fridge?
<http://www.supercook.com/#/recipes/All%2520recipes>

Groff's Content Farm <https://www.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm>

 does a super job of raising pastured meats. Pick out your favorite recipe
and try some this weekend. They also have some delightful raw milk cheeses
for your enjoyment.

*Growers:* Groff's Content Farm - Pastured meats & eggs, ECO City Farm,
Musachio Produce; Jack Creek Plants; Boxer's Rest Organic Farm; Peachy
Family Dairy; B <https://www.facebook.com/boxersrest>
lades Orchard's peach season is upon us.

Sorry, Roy & RT's Garden is on hiatus this week due to Ramadan.

Jack Creek Plants (The Profusion Zinnias are finally showing off their
colors! Heat tolerant - disease resistant - 12" to 16" high and wide. They
also attract butterflies - a great way to celebrate National Pollinator
Week!) Don't forget Red Chimney Farm's great flowers too!

*Tasty Treats:* Geppetto Catering BBQ, El Taco Loco, The Verandah (Indian
food),  Migue's Magnificent Mini Donuts, Stone Hearth Bakery.

*Speciality: Alaskawild Seafood's wild caught salmon, Mystic Water Soap,
Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe & Faulkner Branch Cidery and Distillery, Chunky
and Friends Author Joseph Vivens*

*Entertainers: Great music from Rick Franklin.*

*Kid fun:* Good old sidewalk chalk!

*Important Notices:*

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.