[RP TownTalk] Nepal relief efforts for remote villages

Judy Stone austintula at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 6 15:29:52 UTC 2015

Hello neighbors and friends,
Many of you may remember a former Hyattsville friend and neighbor, Cynthia Forker. Cynthia was on her way to Nepal for a relaxing trip when the quake hit. Of course,(for those of you who know Cynthia!) rather than coming home, she went into the quake zone. She returned from Nepal last week and I went to visit her last weekend. We spent the weekend firming up building materials and conferring with village elders staying in Kathmandu (the miracle of technology!) on plans to re-build two schools in two remote central Nepal villages. Cynthia spent about a month in Nepal serving the neediest. She spent ALL her available funds on immediate rescue needs for these two remote villages in central Nepal. BUT this has not stopped her- she is planning to return in October (on her own dime) with enough money to build at least one school. This is a mid-range plan that will help the people as they continue to feel aftershocks (estimated for two years after the initial quake) and provide shelter as even more homes are expected to collapse as monsoon season commences in the coming weeks. Please take the time to read about her experience and take a look at the short video we put together, AND donate if you can!
I am posting this to the our Towntalk site because I know if our village suffered something of this nature, others would be reaching out to help RIVERDALE. Of course this is different because there is no government support or funds for recovery in these extremely remote villages. Your donation is a gift of sustainability, not charity.
-and PLEASE post to your facebook!
Judy Stone and Doug Honkala
 Click here to support Nepal Fund for Rural Village by Cynthia Dale Forker

|   |
| Click here to support Nepal Fund for Rural Village by Cy...Calling all friends and compassionate associates! Please help in this essential, grass-roots project in remote Nepal.  The two villages that I would like to serve a... |
|  |
| View on www.gofundme.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |