[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Sexual Assaults

Alison Spain alisonspain at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:22:35 UTC 2015

Is there a way to receive incident reports about assaults like this, and
certainly MULTIPLE assaults, sooner?

The first incident was over two weeks ago, and the second last Friday.  I
run, walk, and bike the trail, with and without my kid, and I have seen no
flyers on the trail.  I have seen no announcements in Towntalk nor on
multiple local list serves.  It is entirely possible I missed the
announcement, but I have also heard no mention of the assaults from any
local women, which makes me think there has not been sufficient publicity.

Given the tight proximity of the Riverdale, Hyattsville, Brentwood, etc.,
 I am curious what protocol is in place for the town authorities to
communicate this kind of information to one another and to their
residents?  If someone is not on the local list serve or internet savvy
with crime reports, how would they know?  Riverdale has many Latina
residents, presumably some whose primary language is Spanish.  How will
they receive the information in a timely manner in order to stay safe?

I am genuinely curious about how this kind of information can get to our
community faster. Thank you.

Alison Spain
Tuckerman St.