[RP TownTalk] 15% higher taxes....

euniverz at aol.com euniverz at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 14:52:53 UTC 2015

I realize the importance of education cannot be stressed enough and I would like to see that money back in the county budget.  I also know from first hand experience there is at least one place in government operations where a simple change in county law can save the county one-quarter to one-half million dollars a year.  If I know of one instance in my very narrow focus on government activities I am quite certain there are many situations in which the same condition exists.  I would be more inclined to pay additional taxes if the county would make an honest effort trim the waste I know is there (as well as the waste I don't know about).

Adrianne Lefkowitz

**************************
"One reason Rushern Baker has to propose an
increase in county taxes/funding
is that the budget proposed by Governor Hogan
cut funding for PGCPS for the
2015-2016 school year by $38 million (this was
part of a massive cut in
funding for education statewide in his proposed
budget). Kevin Maxwell, CEO
and Superintendent of PGCPS, has indicated that
this will translate to a
loss of 500-600 teachers (PGPCS has 205..."
schools).