[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Join the Riverdale Park Arts Council -- with ease online

RP Arts Council rpartscouncil at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:01:51 UTC 2015

​

Dear Art Enthusiasts.

We want to welcome you back to the Riverdale Park Arts Council (RPAC) as a
2015 member.  Now you can easily renew your RPAC Membership at our
website:  RPartscouncil.org <http://www.rpartscouncil.org/>.

RPAC dues are still only $10 for an individual and $15 for a family.  With
your dues and our fundraising we are able to provide our community with
many arts events, including the following:

¯    Annual ArtsFest

Set for May 3 this year, our 5th Annual ArtsFest will offers dozens of
different artist purveying their own original works, along with live music,
food and lively fun for the whole family.

​

¯    Annual Gerald King Art Study Award

RPAC awards the winning artist a $2,000 scholarship and stipend to study
for one year under master artist Bruce Campbell, whose studio in Riverdale
Park was established by Gerald King, the award's namesake.

¯    Annual Summer Patio Concert Series

Inaugurated last summer, this free-10 part series offered live concerts
every Thursday evening on the patio of the Town Center Market.  It featured
local musicians performing classical, jazz, rock, folk, blues and other
genres.

¯    Support for Public Art

RPAC donated $2,000 towards a Public Art sculpture to be installed at the
Rt. 410 intersection with Rt. 1.

RPAC aids the Riverdale Park Doll Study Club run by Emily Fanning whose
doll shop is in the Town Center.

RPAC assisted Riverdale Elementary to obtain a grant for art mosaics in the
school.

You can help RPAC expand our arts efforts by becoming a member today.
There is further information about RPAC and how to join us at our
website:   RPartscouncil.org <http://www.rpartscouncil.org/>

RPAC needs your enthusiasm, ideas and help, so I welcome anyone to contact
me to share your thoughts.  Please also come to our monthly RPAC meetings,
including the next one this Monday, March 16th at the Town Center Market to
prepare for our 2015 ArtsFest.

Thanks for your support of the arts in Riverdale Park!

Samuel Williams

RPAC President

rpartscouncil at gmail.com

909-380-4231