[RP TownTalk] A Special Weekend Treat & Veterans Day Fun For Kids at Riversdale!

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 11:48:51 UTC 2015

4. A Special Weekend Treat & Veterans Day Fun For Kids at Riversdale!
    Posted by: "Ferris, Samantha" samantha.ferris at pgparks.com
 riversdalehousemuseum
    Date: Tue Nov 3, 2015 10:23 am ((PST))

Hello, hello!

Riversdale is giving you TWO reasons to be thankful this coming week! On
Sunday, November 8, the Kitchen Guild is preparing a Thanksgiving Feast
from noon-3:30pm. Looking for some new ideas for your Thanksgiving table?
Look no further for inspiration than our open hearth kitchen. Members will
be using 19th century recipes for some Thanksgiving favorites that you can
use for your own Turkey Day  celebrations. The demo is FREE and, while
supplies last, guests who "pop" by can take home a special treat that was
grown in our garden! (There's a hint in that sentence!) The house and
gardens will also be open for guided tours throughout the afternoon.

Children ages 8-12 are invited to spend their Wednesday, November 11
Veterans Day holiday at Riversdale during our Hands-on History Day
(10am-3pm). Kids will spend the day blasting into the past with crafts,
cooking, activities, and games as they learn about Charles Benedict (C.B.)
Calvert's time as master of Riversdale. C.B. was a pretty cool guy; he was
the founder of UMD, helped found the US Department of Agriculture, backed
Samuel Morse and the telegraph (did you know the first telegraph traveled
right through Riversdale's property?), was a Union supporter elected to
Congress, and much more. Our capacity is limited, but we still have spaces
available. The cost is $15 for residents of Prince George's & Montgomery
Counties & $18 for non-resident friends. Advance registration is required -
call the office and we'll be happy to help!

You can always stay in touch with us on Facebook, our e-list, and website
via the links below. We hope to see you soon!

Cheers!
Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com> |
history.pgparks.com<
http://history.pgparks.com/sites_and_museums/Riversdale_House_Museum.htm>
301.864.0420 | fax 301.927.3498
Like us on Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/RiversdaleMuseum> | Sign up
for Riversdale's e-list!<
http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rx4axyiab&p=oi&m=1108931018481

Sarah Wayland, Ph.D. | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
<http://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/>
Supporting students with learning differences & their families