[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 16:20:45 UTC 2015

*Today : November 12, 2015  3 - 7PM*

*@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC
station)*

Get your yellow wax and green beans, leeks, hot peppers, regular & cheddar
cauliflower, sweet peppers, broccoli, white & yellow potatoes, mums, winter
squash, onions, apples, fresh cider, pastured meats, delicious goat
products, free range hen eggs (limited supply), fresh small batch roasted
coffees and more while we enjoy the middle of Fall. Don't miss it!  Evening
hours are fun at the market!   Now with festive lighting! We look forward
to seeing you Thursdays from 3 to 7pm at the Riverdale Park Town Center,
rain or shine.

*WEATHER: High 63, mostly cloudy, windy and 20% chance of rain this week.*

*Feature Farmers: Musachio Produce has multicolored cauliflower and freshly
picked broccoli this week. *

*Feature News: *

Mary's Center March of Dimes Mama & Baby Bus
<http://www.maryscenter.org/content/mama-and-baby-bus-partnership-march-dimes>
 will be holding health screening and nutritional counseling on site at
the market tomorrow.

Maryland Market Money is back for SNAP & WIC but we have to cut the match
down to $4 per week due to the overwhelming response of customers.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the
farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer
for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested,
please contact us.

Coming Attractions: Riverdale Park's Annual Festival of Lights & Holiday
Market will be held on Saturday, December 12 from Noon to 8 PM with great
live local music all day, trolleys through the neighborhood to
the Riverdale Mansion from 530 to 8 PM, great fresh prepared foods, hand
made artisan crafts, and holiday gifts. If interested in vending, send us a
request for application and we'll email you with the details. We also need
volunteers to run the trolleys and or sing, help with music, setups and
breakdown for the event. Send email to: Jim Coleman <rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com>.

You won't see at market this week: *Jack Creek Plants and Red Chimney Farm *are
finished for the rest of the year due to early frost. We hope to see them
in the Spring.

Groff's Content Farm <https://www.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm>
 does a super job of raising pastured meats. Pick out your favorite recipe
and try some this weekend. They also have some delightful raw milk cheeses
for your enjoyment.

*Growers:* Groff's Content Farm - Pastured meats & eggs, ECO City Farm,
Musachio Produce; Cats Paw Organic Farm; goat products from Peachy Family
Dairy; Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden;  Blades Orchard
<http://bladesorchard.com/>

's apple season is upon us.

*Tasty Treats:* Geppetto Catering BBQ, El Taco Loco, The Verandah (Indian
food), Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden; Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe, Stone Hearth
Bakery.

*Speciality: Alaskawild Seafood's wild caught salmon, Dimitri Olive Oil,
Zeke's Coffee of DC, **Sweet Tease Bakery, **Mystic Water Soap, knit goods
from Christiane's Designs.*

*Entertainers: Music from Y'all Pendyal this week.*

*Kid fun:* Good old sidewalk chalk!

*Important Notices:*

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.