[RP TownTalk] New Safeway

Nina Faye ns_faye at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 12:32:33 UTC 2016

I went to the new Safeway this morning to check out the newest addition to our neighborhood.  It is still somewhat a work in progress.  I am no huge fan of Giant, but of the things we regularly buy, Safeway's prices, even sale prices, were much more than Giant's.  There seemed to be security guards everywhere, which was a bit creepy.  Everyone was very nice.  They did not have our one cat's favorite flavor of cat food.  Giant seems to have a larger selection of organic meats, cat food, tea, etc.  The Starbucks is one of those Safeway faux Starbucks, with  a huge sign that claims to be "Hyattsville's Starbucks."  There was a very extensive selection of produce.  Unlike Yes Mkt., there were no samples to nibble.  Just thought I would share my early morning adventure.