[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 02:52:37 UTC 2016

Tomorrow : April 7, 2016  3 - 7PM
@: 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC station)
Get your great winter greens, radishes and turnips, white & yellow
potatoes, winter squash, onions, apples, fresh cider, pastured meats, raw
milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, many varieties of mushrooms,  free range
hen eggs (limited supply), fresh small batch roasted coffees and more while
we enjoy the beginning of Winter. Don't miss it!  Evening hours are fun at
the market!   Now with festive lighting! We look forward to seeing you
Thursdays from 3 to 7PM at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

WEATHER: High *62*, maybe some rain maybe not. We'll be on the lot this
week.

Feature News:
Our favorite urban farm, ECO City Farms <http://ecocityfarms.org/>

, will be back with us *every week* from here on out. We're glad to have
their great crops, positive people, and presence back for the long term
starting this week.

Maryland Market Money is back for SNAP & WIC-FVC @ $4 per week due to the
overwhelming response of customers.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the
farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer
for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested,
please contact us.

Coming Attractions:

This is our first Outdoor Market of this season. Thanks to all for your
dedicated and heartfelt support. We couldn't do it without you.

King Mushrooms will be at the Riverdale Farmers Market tomorrow with fresh
shittake, oyster, lions mane and crimini mushrooms.
Stop by and check us out we will be there rain or shine!

Groff's Content Farm is stocked up with delicious forage fed beef, lots of
free range hen and duck eggs, and whole chickens on special for Winter only!

We're *outdoors 3 to 7 tomorrow* from the long holiday season and glad to
welcome 2016 with our neighbors, friends, and vendors. Tomorrow's lineup
includes the following vendors:

Groff's Content Farm <https://www.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/>, ECO
City Farms <https://www.facebook.com/ECOCityFarms/> , Blades Orchard
<https://www.facebook.com/Bladesorchard/>, Cat's Paw Organic Farm
<https://www.facebook.com/CatsPawOrganicFarm/>, King Mushrooms
<https://www.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/>, Red Chimney Farm, Mystic
Water Soap, Zeke's Coffee of DC
<https://www.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/>, Dimitri
Olive Oil <https://www.facebook.com/DimitriOliveOil/>, Stone Hearth Bakery,
El Taco Loco, Roy & Rt's Kitchen & Garden
<https://www.facebook.com/royandrt/>, Alaskawild Seafoods
<https://www.facebook.com/Alaskawildseafoods/>.

You won't see at market this week:  Jack Creek Plants will be around later
in the Spring. Geppetto Catering is on hiatus until Spring.

Kid fun: Back to crayon drawings!!

Important Notices:
Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.
Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.