[RP TownTalk] Traffic advisory around new Safeway fyi

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 15:22:01 UTC 2016

 Went to the new Safeway on East West Highway yesterday afternoon (opening day at the store, NOT the best time to go (smile).
Anyhow; just  FYI to people driving that stretch of EW Highway- I was waiting for a taxi in front of the store and saw lots of pedestrian traffic across the median strip, not at the crosswalk.  Don't know if this'll be a problem so much when the store ceases to be "new", but was definitely something drivers need to watch out for, now.    Also - there's no area in the front of the store that I could see where drivers can drop off passengers or people can wait for a cab, no recessed lane or parking space in the front.  I was waiting for a taxi and when he picked me up, he had to stop in the street, near the curb; something else drivers might want to watch out for.   (shoppers have to go around the back of the store to get into the parking garage; I'm not a driver, but it looked like it was a bit of a hassle; a very small one lane roadway in back of the store, and there were delivery trucks blocking part of it, with traffic trying to go both ways. )
Have fun shopping, but be careful out there!