[RP TownTalk] Children in the street

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:54:44 UTC 2016

This happened to me this evening too. Same block. I had to stop and wait
for a few minutes while they decided to get out of the way of my car.
Basically, they just wheeled around my stopped car.

It scared me and my son because it was in an area where there were cars
parked on both sides of the road, and only one car could pass through, and
I couldn't see the kids when they were next to my car (they were short, and
some of them were riding scooters that you sit down in). So when I started
moving again, I had no idea if I was going to hurt someone.

Thing is, I wish there was somewhere kids could play together without fear
of getting hurt. They were having fun. Maybe on a side street (like 48th)
where there isn't as much traffic?

-Sarah

Sarah Wayland, Ph.D. | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
<http://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/>
Supporting students with learning differences & their families