[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 02:45:43 UTC 2016

Tomorrow : August 18, 2016  3 - 7PM

@: 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/4650+Queensbury+Rd,+Riverdale,+MD+20737/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b7c6dbf428997d:0x5bcd03846481f063?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9747xg4zMAhUFeD4KHSDEAJcQ8gEIHDAA>
(next
to Riverdale MARC station)

Get your great blackberries, green beans, white sweet corn, red tomatoes,
heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, Thai basil, scallions, radishes,
Malabar, spring mix, spicy mix, tomatoes, eggplant, tortillas, basil, Aztec
spinach, peppers, cilantro, parsley, purslane. sweet potatoes, garlic,
onions, blueberries, raspberries, fresh and hard cider, pastured meats, raw
milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, many varieties of mushrooms, many chile
pepper varieties, free range hen eggs (limited supply), fresh small batch
roasted coffees and more while we enjoy the Summer. Don't miss it!

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7PM at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

WEATHER: High *88 and partly sunny*. We'll be on the lot this week.

Feature News: *Baraja's Produce *is back this week with great varieties of
Summer crops. Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe is back with their homemade ice
cream!

Red Chimney Farm will be gone for the next two weeks.

Hope to see all of you tomorrow who aren’t on wonderful vacations to exotic
destinations. Bring the summer colors inside with a beautiful bouquet.

Suzanne, Red Chimney Farm will be gone for the next two weeks due to
personal commitments.

Maryland Market Money is back on with a maximum $5 per week match on WIC &
SNAP purchases.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the
farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer
for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested,
please contact us.

Our music entertainer this week will be: Miles Spicer.

Coming Attractions: Next Thursday, we'll cap off National Farmers Market
Week with Southern Maryland Ag Commission doing customer surveys, Maryland
Farmers Market Association doing kid scavenger hunts and fundraising for
the Maryland Market Money program.

dWe're getting closer to adding a new vegetable farm soon and will have an
introduction once we're set to go. We'll have many exciting additions to
our market lineup this season.

Peachy Family Dairy will be back this week.

King Mushrooms will be at the market tomorrow with fresh shittake, oyster,
king trumpet, hen of the woods, and cremini mushrooms.

Stop by and check us out we will be there rain or shine!

We're *outdoors 3 to 7 for the rest of the year* and glad to welcome late
Summer 2016 with our neighbors, friends, and vendors. Tomorrow's lineup
includes the following vendors:

   - Groff's Content Farm
   - ECO City Farm
   - Blades Orchard
   - Baraja's Produce
   - Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   - King Mushrooms
   - Musachio Produce
   - Jack Creek Plants
   - Peachy Family Dairy (we hope)
   - Zeke's Coffee of DC
   - Dimitri's Olive Oil
   - Stone Hearth Bakery
   - Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden
   - El Taco Loco
   - Simple Pleasures
   - Alaskawild Seafood
   - Geppetto Catering BBQ
   - Mystic Water Soap
   - Prince George's Master Gardeners
   - Prince George's Health Department
   - Southern Maryland Ag. Dev. Commission market surveys

Kid fun: Back to sidewalk chalk!! Maybe Sprinkler tent??

Important Notices:

Food safety notice: Due to our county's health department regulations, dogs
are no longer welcome at the farmers market. We love dogs but had too many
incidents.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.