[RP TownTalk] Local team seeks relay runner for Cumberland to D.C. Ragnar, Sept. 16-17th

Al Spain alisonspain at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 17:52:33 UTC 2016

Hey Runners -

Team Straight Outta Breath is seeking a runner to join us in a 12-person
relay race (Ragnar) from Cumberland, MD to Washington, D.C.  The Ragnar is
a for fun race where each runner takes three legs of varying distance.  The
spot we have to fill is in the 15 -17 *overall* miles range, so likely 7
mile, 5-6 mile, and 3-4 mile legs.  We are a local group of runners from
the DMV, some of us know one another, and some don't know anyone.  We are
comprised of runners of all skill levels and our only goals are to have fun
and hopefully finish.

Race requires a time commitment of Thursday night in Cumberland (Sept 15)
to Sat. afternoon/eve finish in D.C.. The runners will largely have to
stick together, bunk up, be in a stinky van, etc.  The likely leg that is
open is #3, although swapping might be possible. Registration has been
paid, although the runner that had to drop would love to be reimbursed
($120).  There are additional nominal costs (cheap hotel room that you can
split with others, gas, food, etc.). Learn more about the race here.

https://www.runragnar.com/event-detail/relay/dc

If you're interested, please contact me offline. Happy to chat and tell you
more about it.

Alison