[RP TownTalk] Introducing the Chief's Community Advisory Committee

cbccac at gmx.com cbccac at gmx.com
Sun Aug 21 20:30:26 UTC 2016

A small group of residents has been working closely with the Riverdale Park Police Department to lay the foundation for the Chief's Community Advisory Committee (CCAC). The committee aims to facilitate communication, build trust and mutual respect, and improve understanding between residents of Riverdale Park and their police department. We are now reaching out to the broader Riverdale Park community in search of other residents or business owners who would like to be a part of this new committee.

The goal of the CCAC is to provide a safe forum for open, honest, and direct interactions between the community and police to address public safety and other related issues. The committee will also serve as a community resource for the Chief of Police in the formation of strategies, development of community policing concepts, and increasing public awareness in order to improve the quality of life for all residents of Riverdale Park.

The CCAC is to be made up of 10 residents - 9 adults and 1 high school student. We think it's essential to have a wide array of viewpoints represented. Meetings will be held at Town Hall every other month or at least 6 times per year. We ask that members serve terms of 2 years. For more information on the details of the committee, please see our charter document:
http://riverdaleparkmd.info/police/ccac_charter_20160625.pdf

All meetings will be open to the public. Residents who are not members of the committee are certainly encouraged to attend and participate! If you've ever had any questions about the Riverdale Park Police or policing in general, this would be an excellent opportunity to have those questions answered.

We also have an informational brochure in both English and Spanish:
http://riverdaleparkmd.info/police/ccac_info_brochure%20(3).pdf

Finally, if you'd like to join the CCAC, the application is located here:
http://riverdaleparkmd.info/police/CCAC%20Fillable%20Application%202016.pdf

The process is fairly simple -- just fill in, sign, and submit the application to the Riverdale Park Police Department. You can either drop it off in person at the Riverdale Park Police Station at 5004 Queensbury Road, or email the signed application to the Chief of Police at dmorris at riverdaleparkmd.gov.

If you have any questions, you can contact any of the following folks:
Chief David Morris
dmorris at riverdaleparkmd.gov

Corey Bettenhausen
cbccac at gmx.com