[RP TownTalk] WSSC Water Line with Homeserve

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:21:15 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew,

I posted a letter to TownTalk about this a few weeks back. I'm reposting
below so you don't have to dig through the archives to find it...

I don't have any more updates from Fred Werth, but did see this Better
Business Bureau listing:
https://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/water-and-sewer-line-protection/homeserve-usa-corp-in-norwalk-ct-87067998,
listing an A+ rating, but then the reviews are 76% negative....

I'm not planning to purchase the coverage, but we did just have to replace
our line a few years ago, so I don't think we would benefit from coverage.

-Sarah

--- Earlier message ---

I just saw this message on the HOPE listserv from local plumber Fred Werth,
and found it interesting (especially in light of the fact that I received
the referenced letter from HomeServe in the mail last week, and was
considering purchasing the warranty).

We had to replace the water line from our house to our meter (at the curb)
a few years ago - it was CRAZY expensive. Now my neighbors across the
street are having to do it as well.

-Sarah

1. HomeServe letter
    Posted by: "Fred Werth" mystical.plumber at comcast.net
    Date: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:09 pm ((PST))

I am sending this to you because I wrote this to my list serve in
University Park because a person I know was confused about the letter she
received in a WSSC envelope and the letter heading had WSSC on the letter
heading.

The letter proceeded to speak about HomeServe warranty service and the
costs.

Most of my work as a plumber is not what HomeServe is in business for.

Since I sent this out a person suggested that UP start our own fund the
community could pay into. We have 980 house so when you take the amount
HomeServe wants per year we could run the program.

Hope this helps.

Warmly, Fred Werth

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Fred Werth <mystical.plumber at comcast.net