[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:11:20 UTC 2016

Today : February 25, 2016  3 - 7PM
@: 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/4650+Queensbury+Rd,+Riverdale,+MD+20737/@38.9626238,-76.9375218,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b7c6dbf428997d:0x5bcd03846481f063>
(next
to Riverdale MARC station)
Get your great winter greens, radishes and turnips, white & yellow
potatoes, winter squash, onions, apples, fresh cider, pastured meats, raw
milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, many varieties of mushrooms,  free range
hen eggs (limited supply), fresh small batch roasted coffees and more while
we enjoy the beginning of Winter. Don't miss it!  Evening hours are fun at
the market!   Now with festive lighting! We look forward to seeing you
Thursdays from 3 to 7PM at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.
WEATHER: High 47 and partly cloudy. Who cares? We're warm and toasty at our
indoor location
<https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9626505,-76.935547,3a,75y,355h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1slGYUsOtckS1Ag5vUPTRsWw!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DlGYUsOtckS1Ag5vUPTRsWw%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.TACTILE.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D392%26h%3D106%26yaw%3D355.30634%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656>
this week.

Feature News:
Here's an interesting article about how eggs may actually be good for you.
<https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160211083044.htm#.VsLI2Asc3X8.facebook>
 You can get great forage fed free range hen eggs from Groff's Content Farm
this week.

Maryland Market Money is back for SNAP & WIC-FVC @ $4 per week due to the
overwhelming response of customers.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the
farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer
for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested,
please contact us.

Coming Attractions:

Winter Market is here! We will run straight through every Thursday from now
to March 24 indoors. This is barring blizzard conditions, of course.

King Mushrooms will be at the Riverdale Farmers Market tomorrow with fresh
shittake, oyster, lions mane and crimini mushrooms.
Stop by and check us out we will be there rain or shine!

Groff's Content Farm is stocked up with delicious forage fed beef, lots of
free range hen and duck eggs, and whole chickens on special for Winter only!

We're back indoors 3 to 7 tomorrow from the long holiday season and glad to
welcome 2016 with our neighbors, friends, and vendors. Tomorrow's lineup
includes the following vendors:

Blades Orchard

Groff's Content Farm <https://www.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/>

Cat's Paw Farm
ECO City Farms
King Mushrooms <https://www.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/>
Zeke's Coffee of DC <https://www.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/>

Dimitri's Olive Farm
Stone Hearth Bakery
El Taco Loco

You won't see at market this week: AlaskaWild Seafood will be back next
week. Peachy Family Dairy and Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden will be back next
hopefully. Jack Creek Plants and Red Chimney Farm are finished for the rest
of the year due to early frost. We hope to see them in the Spring. Mystic
Water Soap will be back in the Spring but will make deliveries to the
market on occasion. Geppetto Catering and The Verandah are on hiatus until
Spring.

Entertainers: Audrey Engdahl will be our entertainer this week.

Kid fun: Back to crayon drawings!!

Important Notices:
Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.
Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.