[RP TownTalk] Aging Bridge

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:37:29 UTC 2016

Hi Marilyn,

You are very correct to be concerned about the bridge. Not sure who you called in the town, but it sure wasn't me, town administrator Imhulse or Public Works Director Addison or you certainly would NOT have gotten anything like the answer you report.

The State of Maryland is responsible for the bridge's superstructure and was inspected 2 years ago (5 year rotation) and is acceptable condition.  The paving, walkways, and guards are the responsibility of the county's (according to the state, and that is almost always the case for secondary bridges).

The very obvious problems with these surface features are in very real need of repair and we are putting the pressure on to get these fixed but we have been frustrated with county response to date. This is and has been a priority item for Town government.

Vern

Sent from my iPad