[RP TownTalk] Snow suggestions

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 12:15:03 UTC 2016

 Goes without saying we've all been hearing about what to do when it snows this week; a few things which I haven't really heard much about on the news are;
1) If you have a neighbor who's elderly, disabled, or otherwise has special needs, check on them during and after the storm to make sure they're doing ok, esp. if you know they don't have any family/friends who are keeping an eye on them.
2) When you're out clearing snow away from your car, it would be great if you could take a minute or 2 to shovel the snow away from the storm drains/fire hydrants near your home.  (granted, this isn't always easy if the plows have piled up the snow) - when the snow starts to melt, if the drain is cleared, the water will have someplace to go.  As for clearing the hydrants, in an emergency situation every second counts and you'll help our Fire Dept. immensely if they don't have to waste precious time clearing the hydrant of snow.
3) Please don't keep generators indoors; we've all heard far too many stories of people dying from carbon monoxide poisoning due to generators being kept running inside the house or garage.
4) Everybody stay safe, and have a good time in the snow!!  (If you see me outside with a big bowl in my hands, I'M going to get some of the white stuff, mix it with fresh fruit, and make some out-of-this world frozen daiquiris!!!)