[RP TownTalk] was it just my house?

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 19:00:43 UTC 2016

That said, it happened to us too, and it's extremely disheartening.

We are on a corner lot, and our experience with the sidewalks in front of
our house was entirely different from the experience to the side of our
house.

The sidewalk in front of our house has a strip (for planting trees) between
the sidewalk and the street. The snow from the plows covered some of this,
but it paled in comparison to the completely covered sidewalk (which has no
such strip; that sidewalk is adjacent to the street) to the side of our
house.

We tried to stay on top of shoveling during the storm, but it was
completely covered by the time we emerged Sunday morning.

We did have to "get over it", but it literally took us hours to do it
because of the ice, etc.

I am so grateful to our amazing public works department and I know they
have done an amazing job getting our community back on our feet. I just
wish I knew what to do about this, because like Bob, we were completely
discouraged to see that our hard work was for nothing. AND we could get a
citation even though we had done our due diligence to try to keep the
sidewalk clear.

-Sarah

Sarah Wayland, Ph.D. | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
<http://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/>
Supporting students with learning differences & their families

*UPCOMING WORKSHOPS*

*First Put On Your Own Oxygen Mask
<http://raisingyourchallengingchild.com/2016Spring-DC-OxygenMask.html>** –
T**uesday evenings starting April 26th in Washington DC*

*Workshops for Parents of Kids Who Struggle Socially
<http://guidingexceptionalparents.com/Presentations.html#SocialSkills>* *–
in Rockville, MD*

·       February 17th - How Do I Keep the Train From Derailing? Teaching
Emotional Self-Regulation

·       April 13th - Are You Talking to Me? Help Your Child Learn How to
Initiate and Maintain Conversations

·       May 25th - Am I Supposed to Read Your Mind? Teaching Your Child How
to Read Emotions