[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Salt needed at MARC station

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 17:04:54 UTC 2016

From: Sara Imhulse <simhulse at riverdaleparkmd.gov>
Date: Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:12 AM
Subject: RE: [RP TownTalk] Salt needed at MARC station
To: Sarah Wayland <sarah.wayland at gmail.com>
Cc: jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov

*From:* Sarah Wayland [mailto:sarah.wayland at gmail.com
*Sent:* Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:17 AM
*To:* town at riverdaleparkmd.gov
*Subject:* Fwd: [RP TownTalk] Salt needed at MARC station

For Public Works.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Claire Gowen* <claire.gowen at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 8:55 AM
Subject: [RP TownTalk] Salt needed at MARC station
To: TownTalk <towntalk at riverdale-park.org>

Good morning,

I am wondering if there are plans to salt/sand the parking lot at the MARC
station. The east side is a solid sheet of black ice and many of us
commuters are having a hard time getting to the station without wiping out.

Thanks,

Claire
Laura Faulkner laura.michele.faulkner at gmail.com via
<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en> riverdale-park.org

9:13 AM (3 minutes ago)

to Claire, TownTalk

Thanks for bringing this up, Claire. This is definitely much needed!

I'm also wondering if it is the Town's responsibility to shovel off and
salt the steps leading down to the station next to east west highway. The
steps are still covered in snow and now slick with ice. It is quite
dangerous. I suspect that some will need to use those steps in order to
access the farmers market tonight.

Is this something that will be addressed by the town or do residents need
to take action?

Thanks,

Laura