[RP TownTalk] Hello from Maryland Milestones & a request

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 21:44:33 UTC 2016

Hello friends!

Maryland Milestones/Anacostia Trails Heritage Area is moving. If you didn't know we are moving to the new Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center (the "Arcade"). We will be in our offices by mid August and will have the Heritage Center opened by October. We are working on the small scale exhibits and brochure racks that will make up this hybrid Visitors center/workshop space/gallery. Plus we will look to have a bike repair station installed too. We are grateful for those who have donated and will note that it's not too late to contribute. Go to http://www.gofundme.com/mdmilestones - we appreciate every contribution and will make this a great space.

Meanwhile we are on the hunt. Do you have any "artifacts" that we could use? We are looking for signs from your community's history, maybe a historic style bike or kayak, maybe something else? We can't use many items but we wanted to put out the call to see what was out there. Of particular interest are items related to the railroad, trolley, or the history of Route 1.  Feel free to email at aaron at anacostiatrails.org and send me a picture of what you have. As noted, we can't use it all but I'd like a look anyway.

I would also like to put artists on notice that we will be making a call for artists to display a piece every few months on our gallery wall. Look for more as we work out logistics.

We are hoping for a sneak peek during Hyattsvilles Arts and Ales but will be sure to let everyone know when we open. For contributors you get an invite to the special opening.

Thank you everyone for your great and ongoing support. We love our residents and look to continue to build the heritage area!

Thanks

Aaron Marcavitch
Maryland Milestones

Sent from my iPhone