[RP TownTalk] Emergency Rekeying of Town Hall

Jonathan Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Mon Jun 6 21:11:27 UTC 2016

Andrew
That is odd logic.  If you had paid attention during May you would have known I was out west for a funeral and assisting with estate issues when I resigned and was thousands of miles away.  The keys were in Maryland at my house.  By the time I had arrived back in Maryland I was already alerted by people in town about the ‘emergency’ rekeying to the extent of local businesses asking what was going on that this was required.

Given that the building was not rekeyed when other CMs changed hands 5 years ago, one CM was convicted of multiple felonies and sent to prison, another CM resigned less than 6 months ago, why would I assume that the Town Hall would be rekeyed by my resignation?

If you care to debate me on something substantive or factual I welcome it.  As you have stated in other posts, the Mayor can do no wrong and that is fine – you are entitled to your opinion.  But the fact remains that the Mayor is choosing to remain entirely silent, continues to obfuscate, and refuses to debate the financial mismanagement of the town on the issues he brought into the public domain but now refuses to even acknowledge because the claims are not supported by evidence that has been shown ad nauseam.

I will continue bring to the public’s attention patterns of behavior that illustrate abuses of power, non-transparency of government, and a lack of financial management competency.  I realize some in town will ignore the evidence, no matter how overwhelming, but what has been presented is the tip of the iceberg.

Just so you are aware, every year I was in office I donated at least 200% of my $6k Council stipend to local charities and non-profits.  Last year I upped it even more to a total of $27,754.73.  This resulted in numerous scholarships and community programming that the entire area enjoyed and benefited from.  If you feel I owe the town for actions it unilaterally took without warning or provocation so be it; financially I have done my part for the town.

JWE

PS – it is ‘Jonathan’ or ‘Jon’ not ‘Johnathon’