[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Request for Review of Structure 1606900

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:36:35 UTC 2016

An historical note (as per Mr Schaffer's email above), Riverdale Rd was MD
Route 412 until 1991.

MD 412[edit
<https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_former_Maryland_state_highways_(400%E2%80%93499)&action=edit&section=8>
]

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MD_Route_412.svg>
Maryland Route 412
Location: Riverdale <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverdale_Park,_Maryland>
Existed: 1930–1991

*Maryland Route 412* was the designation for Riverdale Road from US 1
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_1_in_Maryland> east to MD 201
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland_Route_201> in Riverdale
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverdale_Park,_Maryland>.[26]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Maryland_state_highways_(400%E2%80%93499)#cite_note-1977_map-26>
The
highway was constructed as a concrete road in 1929 and 1930.[2]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Maryland_state_highways_(400%E2%80%93499)#cite_note-1930_map-2>
[18]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Maryland_state_highways_(400%E2%80%93499)#cite_note-1930_src_report-18>
At
the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_%26_Ohio_Railroad>, MD 412 used
one-block portions of Rhode Island Avenue, Queensbury Road, and Lafayette
Avenue to connect with the segments of Riverdale Road on either side of the
tracks.[27]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Maryland_state_highways_(400%E2%80%93499)#cite_note-USGS_Washington_East_1945-27>
[25]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Maryland_state_highways_(400%E2%80%93499)#cite_note-1946_map-25>
However,
by 1956, the highway used Queensbury Road west to US 1 in the 1950s before
reverting to Riverdale Road around 1963.[10]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Maryland_state_highways_(400%E2%80%93499)#cite_note-1956_map-10>
[28]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Maryland_state_highways_(400%E2%80%93499)#cite_note-1963_map-28>
The
highway was truncated on the east side of the railroad in 1978.[29]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Maryland_state_highways_(400%E2%80%93499)#cite_note-1978_map-29>
MD
412 was removed from the state highway system in 1991.[3]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Maryland_state_highways_(400%E2%80%93499)#cite_note-1991_map-3>