[RP TownTalk] Change in Government

Audrey Bragg abragg7393 at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 20:57:23 UTC 2016

I am watching this thread closely so I too, can get information to pose any questions I may have as we get closer to the meeting to discuss this proposal.  Right now, I am just listening and letting everything settle.  However something stuck out at me like a red flag:  In Sarah's response below, regarding a real estimate, she states the council may be unable to give a figure because of salary confidentially.  Are salaries confidential?  I would think that the people paying the salaries (all town residents who pay taxes) have a right to question and know exactly what salary we pay  to anyone working for the town.  Am I right in thinking that the Town Administrators salary plus 10% would be the new salary of the Town Manager?  And would the new Town Manager need an administrator assistant and what would the salary be for that?  Would we have to have 2 positions if we create the position of Town Manager?
This proposal has many avenues for discussion.  Perhaps we should have a special meeting just for this one discussion?
Thanks to all who are participating. Residents and Town Officials.  This really helps.