[RP TownTalk] is anyone else concerned?

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Mon May 16 12:39:21 UTC 2016

Bottom Line Up Front: I thought the Mayor and council were the duly
elected representatives of the constituency but I do not see the wording
below reflective of this public service.

I saw this message for the first time yesterday. I am pasting in the
section of concern.

I am concerned about the public's ability to comment on matters up for a
council vote at the time of consideration for a council vote before the
vote occurs.

I am concerned by the Mayor's comments about the right of the people to
petition their elected representatives. I am concerned about the Mayor's
comment indicating that public comment via an email list is impacting
the role of the elected government in their role of representation.

This is excerpted from the message available at this link:

 http://riverdale-park.org/pipermail/towntalk/2016-April/019603.html

"[RP TownTalk] Town management, finances and legislation
Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:49:30 UTC 2016