[RP TownTalk] Estudios Universitarios a Su Alcance/University Studies within Your Reach: November 19 from 9AM to 1 PM

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Fri Nov 4 13:47:01 UTC 2016

Dear Partners and Colleagues,

Prince George's County Public Schools and the University of Maryland is proud to host our annual Estudios Universitarios a Su Alcance/University Studies within Your Reach. This is a college and career readiness event that is targeted to our Latino families and compliments other career fairs that are hosted by the Board of Education and our school district. We are offering workshops, a college resource fair, and UMD campus tours in Spanish.

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM at the University of Maryland, College Park at the Stamp Student Union over 1500 Latino families and students in grades 6-12 from all over our school district will come together for a day of learning. Please help us support this event by:

  *   Letting Latino families and students know about the event;
  *   Attend the event so you can see our community in action; and
  *   Tweet about it or post on your Facebook page.
We cannot wait to see you, our students, and families on Saturday, November 19, 2016 at UMD at 9:00 AM. Please see the attached flyer below and check out our video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWno3w9gb8k. For more information please feel free to contact me, Pat Chiancone at pat.chiancone at pgcps.org<http://pgcps.org>, or Hector Aguiniga at hector.aguiniga at pgcps.org<http://pgcps.org>.

Thank you for all you do on behalf of children and families. You each contribute to a thriving Prince George's County!

Kind regards,
Nora

--
Nora Illia Morales