[RP TownTalk] Volunteers URGENTLY needed for Book Fair at Riverdale Elementary School May 1-5

erika wilson erikawilson at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 16:45:44 UTC 2017

Hey Riverdale residents

Are you interested in supporting your local public elementary school? In fostering a love of reading in Riverdale students? And interacting with some amazing kids for a few hours?

We desperately need volunteers to staff the Book Fair at Riverdale Elementary School next week, May 1-5. We're struggling to get enough parent volunteers so we're hoping that some Riverdale townspeople can help us! This is the biggest fundraiser of our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and for a school with 95% of kids living below the poverty line, it is critical to helping us raise money to support the students and school. Please consider volunteering a few hours of your time to help us.

We need volunteers for next Thursday 5/4 afternoon (noon - 2 pm) and Friday 5/5 morning (9 am - noon). No experience necessary. We'll provide all the training and equipment you need. It is so much fun to help these kids pick out and buy books!

Please contact Jenni Pompi to sign up and for more information: jpompi at gmail.com