[RP TownTalk] "Table Talk: A Conversation on Immigration" This Saturday

Alonzo Washington alonzo at alonzowashington.com
Thu Feb 16 15:35:26 UTC 2017

Dear Riverdale Park Residents,

*I am writing to remind you to join me for my next "Table Talk Tour" at the
New Deal Café in Greenbelt on Saturday, February 18th from 9:00am-11:00am.* We
will be joined by a variety of nonprofit and social service organizations -
including CASA, the International Rescue Committee, and the Prince George's
County Muslim Association - to help us understand the resources that are
available to refugees and immigrants.

Over the past few weeks, many of us have been upset by the numerous
executive actions taken by the President that will put our most vulnerable
communities at risk. Moving forward, it is important that we work together
to support and fight for those who will be targeted and forgotten by this
Administration.

We began our "Table Talk Tour" two years ago to ensure that you are able to
stay connected, informed, and engaged with your community. Now, as we face
these new challenges by the federal government, this event will provide you
with an opportunity to speak-out and take action. Of course, we will also
discuss any other issues that are important to you, particularly an issues
around the 2017 Legislative Session that began just a few weeks ago.

If you are motivated to get more involved in your community after our
recent presidential election, I encourage you to join me for this important
discussion in your neighborhood.

*I look forward to seeing you at the New Deal Café on Saturday, February
18th!*

Sincerely,

-Alonzo

Alonzo T. Washington