[RP TownTalk] RPFM Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:51:16 UTC 2017

Tomorrow : January 5, 2016  3 - 7PM
@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC
station) Get your great apples, winter squash,  spicy mix, spring mix and
arugula, multiple sweet potato varieties, and other Fall crops. Also beets
will be featured along with chard, sweet potatoes, garlic, onions, apples,
fresh and hard cider, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese,
smoked salmon jerky, free range hen eggs (limited supply), fresh small
batch roasted coffees and more while we enjoy the Fall. Don't miss it!
Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7PM at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.
WEATHER: High 35 and partly cloudy. Don't worry we'll be indoors this week.

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   - Music act: Miles Spicer
   - Alaskawild Seafoods​
   - Oksana's Produce Farm
   - Groff's Content Farm
   - Blades Orchard
   - Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   - King Mushrooms
   - Zeke's Coffee of DC
   - Dimitri Olive Oil
   - Stone Hearth Bakery
   - El Taco Loco

Kid fun: Crayons & Paper!

Feature News: Oksana's Produce Farm is our new Winter Market vendor and
AlaskaWild Seafoods is making their only appearance for this month
tomorrow.

Maryland Market Money is back with a maximum $5 per week match on WIC Fruit
and Vegetable Checks & SNAP purchases.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the
farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer
for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested,
please contact us. Our music entertainer this week will be: Kevin Fox.

Coming Attractions: Stop by and check us out, we will be there rain or
shine! We're indoors from this Thursday through March 30 including December
29th with our neighbors, friends, and vendors.
Important Notices:
Save the Date:
*Winter Market is here!* From *Now to March 30 from 3 to 7 PM Thursdays*. -
Need volunteers to help decorate, design temporary interiors, etc. Please
contact if interested.

Food safety notice: Due to our county's health department regulations, dogs
are no longer welcome at the farmers market. We love dogs but had too many
incidents. Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed
on Maryland Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do
not park in any other manner.