[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 126, Issue 30

A. Spain alisonspain at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:24:08 UTC 2017

Re: Gang activity

Is there evidence of organized gang activity in Riverdale other than
graffiti?  Tagging is a popular past time for teens and artists and doesn't
always correlate to gang activity. While a visual nuisance to many, it's
also a form of communication, art, and self-validation. There are some very
talented graffiti artists. Perhaps Riverdale or the Riverdale Arts Council
could designate and manage a dedicated graffiti wall? Under the East-West
overpass, for example, is craving some attention.  By managing and
supporting it, you could up the caliber of the work and direct the clearly
overflowing energies of our local artists/teens/"gang" members.  I'd be
happy to help get it started.

Alison Spain