[RP TownTalk] civic engagement

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Wed May 3 00:16:32 UTC 2017

We've been having a really good conversation here on TownTalk about trees
and local businesses. I like the dialog and the different perspectives.

I just wanted to remind everyone that if you are frustrated with something
in town, you can also reach out directly to your elected officials. They
*want* to hear from you, and they want to make sure they are making
decisions that are in the best interest of our town and its residents.
(Contact info is here: http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info/parkcouncil/index.cfm
).

They also want to hear about things as they are happening. (For example,
the disaster unfolding in Ward 1 as the 7-11 construction started - thanks
to Heather for alerting us to that. What a nightmare.) It's always a good
idea to reach out to your elected officials directly, in addition to
posting here, especially if you need a fast response. Contacting Town staff
is probably the quickest way to get immediate action (
http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info/administration/index.cfm).

And if you want to know what's happening before it happens, coming to Town
Council Work and Legislative Sessions will give you an opportunity to hear
all about it, and to weigh in if you have an opinion.

Our new Town Manager also does a wonderful job describing the current state
of our town, and what is to come, in his bi-weekly status reports (posted
here: http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info/StatusandInformationRpts.cfm). I
heartily endorse reading these status updates when they are posted to this
list.

If you want to have an impact on our community, there are lots of ways to
get involved!

-Sarah

Sarah Wayland, Ph.D. | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
Supporting students with learning differences & their families