[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

James Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu May 25 03:23:34 UTC 2017

Tomorrow : May 25, 2017  3 - 7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale
MARC station)
 Get your great strawberries, asparagus, fresh duck!, potatoes, spinach, kale, arugula,  kohlrabi and other crops while they last.  Garlic, onions, apples, fresh and hard cider, apple sauce, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range hen eggs (limited supply),  and more while we enjoy the changing seasons. Don't miss it!

 Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every Thursday from 3 to 7PM at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.  WEATHER: High 75 with some scattered showers..

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:
Groff's Content Farm
ECO City Farms!
Blades Orchard
Cat's Paw Organic Farm
McCleaf's Orchard
King Mushrooms
Jack Creek Plants
Barajas Produce
Zeke's Coffee of DC
I Confect
Stone Hearth Bakery,
El Taco Loco
Roy & Rt's Kitchen & Garden
Alaskawild Seafoods
Old Smokey's BBQ
Mystic Water Soap
While Waiting Jewelry

Music Acts: Mary Amato - 5 to 7PM.

Kid fun: Sidewalk Chalk

Feature News:ECO City Farms is back!
After a short hiatus from our CSA program and the Riverdale Farmers Market, ECO City Farms is back and better than ever! With the help of our wonderful friends, volunteers, and interns, a massive overhaul of both our Edmonston and Bladensburg farms is now complete. In three short months the staff at ECO have applied over eight hundred wheelbarrows of compost (more than doubling the growing space at the Edmonston farm), built a new mobile greenhouse for our Bladensburg farm, renovated our kitchen and processing facility, and have nearly completed the construction of our on-site classroom/community center. We look forward to being back at our local market and seeing all of our friends and neighbors this Thursday!
Groff''s Content Farm offers great quality sustainably raised beef, pork, chicken and lamb
and is featuring Meatball Marinara and Spaetzle on their prepared meal menu.

Jack Creek Plants is making their first appearance of the season..

Dimitri's Olive Oil is back this week.

Maryland Market Money is back with a maximum $5 per week match on WIC Fruit and Vegetable Checks & SNAP purchases.
We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer for $28 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested, please contact us.

Coming Attractions :Oksana's Produce is on hiatus for 2017. Red Chimney Farm may be coming back on a guest vendor basis. Many new vendors will premiere this season.

We're outdoors from this Thursday through November with our neighbors, friends, and vendors. As always, it will trickle along until the weather stays warm for a while and more things come up from the ground.
It's still an exciting time of year, even if it takes a while to get going.

Important Notices:

Food safety notice: Due to our county's health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at the farmers market. We love dogs but had too many incidents.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in any other manner.

Got ideas for improvements? Talk to or email Jim Coleman and share
your thoughts!  We can do it: change begins in Riverdale Park!