[RP TownTalk] MAGLEV Meeting: Monday, November 27, 2017

Alonzo Washington alonzo at alonzowashington.com
Thu Nov 16 14:28:01 UTC 2017

<https://act.myngp.com/el/WyEvR3uTkMyp4_GD_t-1rr1s63CZcmjsN5XZHbNjfRo=/6FMX6nL2-X1M1lK2ccIUU-kU2727FnhikXyGfYyrkWI=>

Dear Neighbor,
*Please join me and the District 22 Team for our
rescheduled Community Meeting to discuss the MAGLEV high-speed train
proposal onMonday, November 27th from 7:00pm - 9:00pm at Eleanor Roosevelt
High School (7601 Hanover Parkway, Greenbelt, MD 20770
<https://maps.google.com/?q=7601+Hanover+Parkway,+Greenbelt,+MD+20770&entry=gmail&source=g>)
. **I truly appreciate your patience and understanding as I have worked to
reschedule this important meeting. *

Over the past several weeks, I have repeatedly contacted the entities
facilitating the MAGLEV project - from Governor Larry Hogan's Office to the
Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) and Baltimore Washington Rapid Rail
(BWRR) - to request their attendance at a meeting in our District.
Unfortunately, as of today, they have firmly refused my requests to attend
our Community Meeting.

To ensure that we are still able to have an informed and productive
conversation, I have invited a panel of transportation experts to provide
their insights on how the MAGLEV train could impact our District. I have
also invited the Citizens Against the SCMAGLEV organization to discuss the
strategies they used to resist the MAGLEV proposal in Bowie.

In the meantime, I strongly encourage you to register your comments or
concerns on the MAGLEV project with the MTA and BWRR. These organizations
will use your comments as they continue to evaluate the potential MAGLEV
routes, so please let them know how the MAGLEV train could impact you and
your community. You can submit your comments here
<https://act.myngp.com/el/WyEvR3uTkMyp4_GD_t-1rr1s63CZcmjsN5XZHbNjfRo=/rxRT8QbQdU_RPQQB_YVadcH2TZt3L7VVQySLcwi_iw0=>
or
use this Contact List
<https://act.myngp.com/el/WyEvR3uTkMyp4_GD_t-1rr1s63CZcmjsN5XZHbNjfRo=/PG7Zn2FVme8VmjGUD3eLinSI3z4oRS-D9mBBYCpFIkM=>
call or email the MTA and BWRR directly.

I would also encourage you to use this contact list to contact Governor
Larry Hogan's Office and the other State Offices facilitating the MAGLEV
train to demand that they send a representative to our Community
Meeting on November
27th. I will continue to invite these organizations every day until our
meeting, and I hope you will join me in this effort to ensure that all of
our voices are heard as the MAGLEV's environmental impact study continues.

Sincerely,

-Alonzo

Alonzo T. Washington
Maryland State Delegate

www.AlonzoWashington.com
<https://act.myngp.com/el/WyEvR3uTkMyp4_GD_t-1rr1s63CZcmjsN5XZHbNjfRo=/6FMX6nL2-X1M1lK2ccIUU-kU2727FnhikXyGfYyrkWI=>

<https://act.myngp.com/el/WyEvR3uTkMyp4_GD_t-1rr1s63CZcmjsN5XZHbNjfRo=/p7WL5e0jGt_J70Fvw7kuac-BHaI7aBRL488wDCF0a7U=?lang=en>

<https://act.myngp.com/el/WyEvR3uTkMyp4_GD_t-1rr1s63CZcmjsN5XZHbNjfRo=/zlxXAIxd0vnFffhUdEYcdVzOgs2fY54mEPBMGV1GsJQ=>

<https://act.myngp.com/el/WyEvR3uTkMyp4_GD_t-1rr1s63CZcmjsN5XZHbNjfRo=/rd_aR8PY1BhC94bANO4XWtHj0yG-guA-YFGEokGaDS0=>
By Authority: Friends for Alonzo Washington, Cierra Washington, Treasurer

Friends for Alonzo Washington
P.O. Box 224
Hyattsville MD 20781 United States