[RP TownTalk] posting

Karon Henry mhenry3240 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 26 18:25:48 UTC 2018

A Question to the Mayor: Aside from having person(s) with said degrees and a Mayor who can,but (to my knowledge) has not voted to date on any legislative action.
Please give specifics on how the residents of Riverdale Park havebenefited in having a Town Manager?
My reasons for requesting this information is simple – I ama resident of 20yrs – have experienced five Mayors:  1)Ann M. Ferguson2)Michael D. Herman 3)Guy Tiberio 4)Vernon S. Archer  5)Alan K.Thompson.  Throughout the tenure of the four Mayors, I have witness andfelt Riverdale Park maintained that “town” feeling.  The changes made benefited residents andmoved in a progressive state.  Even afterthe hanging of the “noose” at Town Hall under Vernon Archer we were able to move forwardin a positive direction.
Unfortunately, I view the decision to institute a town manager hasseparated the Town at best in creating a Us against Them approach.  This change in guard which includes astructural reorganization and tax increases is not moving in a positivedirection.  The services rendered has declinedalong with the relationships residents once had with Town staff of RiverdalePark.
Note:  An attempt to send thismessage was made in November 2017 and I received a Town bounce.  I do hope it goes through this time.
Respectfully,
Mrs. Henry