[RP TownTalk] Families Belong Together Rally: This Thursday at 5:30

A. Spain alisonspain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 02:40:57 UTC 2018

Dear Neighbors:

I invite you to join my son and me at 5:30 tomorrow night at the Families
Belong Together Rally on the Capitol grounds. Since October, over 1,300
children have been separated from their parents at the border, some as
young as 18 months old.

I cannot imagine the unbelievable anguish for these parents fleeing poverty
and violence, let alone fathom the trauma to innocent children. The
American Academy of Pediatricians has urged that this is a child health
issue. When children are separated from their parents, often forcibly
and/or by tricks, it can and will cause irreparable harm to their future
mental health. It is unconscionable.

Families Belong Together Rally: 5:30 - 7pm, June 14th
Across from the Capitol at the Robert A. Taft Memorial and Carillon on the
corner of New Jersey and Constitution.

Please share this far and wide. You'll find more resources at:
familiesbelong.org

Please contact me off list if you'd like to coordinate a Route One meetup.
I am happy to either carpool or transit pool, although some pregnancy
complications are limiting my walking very far.

Alison S.
Riverdale