[RP TownTalk] Legislative Session 2 April 2018

Bad Bob sfmc68 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 28 16:03:42 UTC 2018

I am respectfully asking all residents to seriously consider attending
the town meeting on 2 April.

The legislation proposing the expansion of voting rights change to the
Town Charter is on the agenda for its first vote as part of the process
to modify the charter.

I believe the submitted legislation is being rushed through the minimal
process as defined in the Charter and is thus giving the residents of
Riverdale Park insufficient time to understand and consider the impact
of this change.

I have not had a justification for the rush through the process. I
believe transparency and dialogue is supposed to be part of the
legislative process.

I have raised questions at the work session and in emails with the
legislative committee. I have been advised they will be answered in
writing in two weeks, and verbally on the record at the meeting.

Respectfully,

Bob Smith

5001 Riverdale Road.