[RP TownTalk] Town Legislation and Transparency

Bob Smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 30 19:41:19 UTC 2018

 As the resident who shared public      information regarding the open email exchange on the issues raised      concerning the proposed legislation changing the town charter, let      me set the record straight.

      None of the emails were marked or intended to be private - this is      a public matter, and should be in the open. That is why the first      email was addressed to the legislative committee and the mayor at      their town official email addresses.

      While there are different views on the process, this is a serious      matter involving a change in the town charter.
      I believe such a change deserves full light of day and time for      open dialogue, full some discussion in formal public hearing on      the matter with more than a flawed proposal.  Using the minimum      two legislative committee meeting process as stipulated in the      charter, does a disservice to the town.

      Bob Smith

sfmc68 at verizon.net