[RP TownTalk] ArtsFest invitation

Ken Laureys laureys.ken at gmail.com
Fri May 4 10:50:41 UTC 2018

RPAC Members and Friends:
     Please join us this Saturday, May 5, at the 11th annual Riverdale Park
ArtsFest being held from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.  in the parking lot beside the
Riverdale MARC train station located at 6200 Rhode Island Ave
<https://maps.google.com/?q=6200+Rhode+Island+Ave&entry=gmail&source=g>. in
Riverdale Park, MD.
     At noon, our 2018 Gerald King Fine Arts Award (GKFAA) recipient,
Stacey Tilghman will be introduced and her art work will be on display. In
addition, our 2017 GKFAA winner, Corrine Carter will display her artwork
specifically created to be auctioned off and proceeds donated to the the
late Gerald King's art studio. Winners of our GKFAA get one year of free
training with Gerlad King's protege Master Artist Bruce Campbell and also
be a $500 stipend to buy art material to enhance their training.
    After that, RPAC board member Crystal Adair and her performing actors
will present a live play production.
    *Feel like partying?* We will provide twice that opportunity when
popular and local band *"Smokin Polecats" will perform first from 2 - 3
p.m. and then again from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.*
    We will have craft vendors, artists and authors who will be selling
various goods.
    If you get hungry while there, our designated food vendors LuvPlates
will be on the premises selling a wonderful array of "comfort" food for
your eatery pleasure.
    Prizes will be given if you can answer arts related trivia questions.
    Any questions, feel free to call RPAC board president Samuel Williams,
Jr. at (909) 380-4231.
    We will see you there.

*Samuel Williams, Jr.*
*scribenoir at gmail.com* <scribenoir at gmail.com>